Library Facebook Contest Rules
SASKATCHEWAN POLYTECHNIC LIBRARY FACEBOOK CONTEST RULES
By entering this contest, you agree to a complete release of Facebook from any or all liability in connection with this contest. This contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN These official rules apply to Library Facebook monthly contests provided by Saskatchewan Polytechnic Library.
ELIBILITY: By entering you agree to be bound by these official rules. The contest is open to residents of Saskatchewan currently enrolled in and attending a Saskatchewan Polytechnic program at any location. Saskatchewan Polytechnic employees are not eligible to participate in the contest. Each winner must provide a mailing address, proof of Saskatchewan residency to receive a prize, and proof of being enrolled as a student at Saskatchewan Polytechnic. Void where prohibited by law. All applicable federal, provincial and local laws apply.
TO ENTER: The contest will be operated through Saskatchewan Polytechnic Library’s social media platform on Facebook. To enter, respond to directives for each contest posted on the Facebook page. Prize information will be posted with the contest directives. Each contest will run for one to two weeks, from Monday at 4 p.m. to Sunday at 11:59 p.m. (except on long weekends on which the statutory holiday lands on a Monday, in this scenario the contest will run Tuesday – Sunday). Contest winners will be announced two days after the contest has closed (excluding September). Winners will have one week from the announcement of their win to claim their prize. For the purposes of this contest, a week will be defined as beginning Monday afternoon at 4:00 p.m. CST and running until 11:59 p.m. CST the following Sunday.
1. No purchase necessary to enter or win.
2. There is a limit of one entry per person. Entries must be received by the time indicated by the Saskatchewan Polytechnic Library representative. All entries expire for the contest.
3. Winners will be notified via comment post and instant messenger on Facebook by Saskatchewan Polytechnic Library.
4. Saskatchewan Polytechnic Library is not responsible for any technical difficulties experienced due to overload, busy signals, loss of cellular service, wifi, electronic problems or any other factor that may impact entry, participation or prize claim.
5. If a user’s privacy settings restricts Saskatchewan Polytechnic Library staff from viewing an entry, that entry will not be admitted into the contest.
6. Winners will be notified via institutional email on the Facebook. Winners will also be announced on the Saskatchewan Polytechnic Library Facebook page and website.
7. All entries become property of Saskatchewan Polytechnic Library. By submitting, you warrant all materials are 100% original and do not violate the right of privacy or publicity of, or constitute a defamation against, any person or entity; that the materials will not infringe upon or violate the copyright or common law rights or any other rights of any person or entity; and that you are the person depicted in the materials. You agree to indemnify Saskatchewan Polytechnic Library for all damages and expenses (including reasonable attorney's fees) arising out of any breach or failure of the warranties made herein. Entries that are determined to be fraudulent will be void, and the person making such an entry barred from further participation in the contest. Incomplete entries may be disqualified at Saskatchewan Polytechnic's discretion.
8.**If your privacy settings restrict Saskatchewan Polytechnic Library from viewing your "likes" and/or "shares" you will not be entered in the contest.**
WINNERS: Winners will be randomly selected using Fanpage Karma’s Good Luck Fairy. The winner will be contacted via their institutional email, if the email account is not in the institution’s global address book, they will be contacted via Facebook messenger. Prizes will be sent to the appropriate campus library (which may cause a 2 or more day delay). Winners will be instructed to pick up the prize during a designated time at the library front desk. Any harassment to Saskatchewan Polytechnic staff by winners will cause forfeiture of the prize and the prize will be redrawn. Winners who do not pick up their prize within a week of being contacted will also forfeit their prize and the prize will be redrawn. Winners will show identification with home address, and proof of enrollment at Saskatchewan Polytechnic (for example, driver’s license and Student ID) and sign a receipt of prize document.
Notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein or stated, no person will be entitled to receive any prize until after their eligibility has been confirmed or accepted by Saskatchewan Polytechnic Library and all required paperwork (including without limitation, liability release, agreements) have been completed by the pending winner.
Prizes will be awarded to the person who submitted participated in the contest only. Winners may be required to present a valid photo ID in order to pick up any prize. Winners may be required to sign a consent form relieving the Saskatchewan Polytechnic Library and any affiliated organizations from any and all liability with respect to the contestant’s participation in the contest and the receipt and/or use of the prize. Any person refusing to sign the Consent Form and complete or provide any other documents required by the Saskatchewan Polytechnic Library by the deadline required by the Saskatchewan Polytechnic Library will forfeit any and all contest prizes.
1. Odds of winning depend on number of entries received.
2. Contest entries in poor taste will be disqualified. Saskatchewan Polytechnic Library will be the sole arbiter in all matters relating to the contest and the interpretation of contest rules. Their decisions shall be final. Entry into the contest constitutes agreement by contestants to abide by these rules, as well as any other rules established by the Saskatchewan Polytechnic Library. Saskatchewan Polytechnic Library reserves the right to delete or remove any entry.
3. By entering, entrants release and hold harmless Saskatchewan Polytechnic Library from any and all liability or any injuries, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with the contest or any prize won.
4. By participating in a Saskatchewan Polytechnic Library contest, entrants herby consent to Saskatchewan Polytechnic Library’s usage of any one or more of the following for any other advertising or promotional purpose without payment of any additional consideration: contestants name; voice; likeness; biographical information; his/her participation in the contest including photos; and the substance of the contestant’s communication with Saskatchewan Polytechnic Library.
5. Saskatchewan Polytechnic Library reserves the right to terminate or declare the contest null and void and rescind any prize, if in its sole judgment, the rules or the integrity of the contest have been violated or compromised in any way. Intentionally or non-intentionally by any person whether or not a contestant in the contest.
6. For a list of winners mail a self-addressed stamped envelope to the Saskatchewan Polytechnic Library identifying the name of the particular contest and date of the contest.
7. Entry constitutes permission to use winners’ names, city, likeness, voice, biographical information and/or statements for purposes of advertising and promotion without further compensation unless prohibited by law. Saskatchewan Polytechnic Library will not share entrant information with third parties for direct marketing purposes. Saskatchewan Polytechnic Library may contact entrants in the future with offers they determine to be of interest, and entrants will have the option to opt out of future communications at any time.
8. The contest is governed by the laws of the province of Saskatchewan. It is void where prohibited or restricted by law, and in any province outside of Saskatchewan. The odds of winning depend upon the number of entries received. The contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and local laws and regulations.
9. Saskatchewan Polytechnic Library provides no warranties covering any of the prizes furnished as part of this contest.
11. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. The names of individuals, groups, companies, products and services mentioned herein, and any corresponding likenesses, logos and images thereof reproduced herein, have been used for identification purposes only and may be the copyrighted properties and trademarks of their respective owners. The mention of any individual, group or company, or the inclusion of a product or service as the prize, does not imply any association with or endorsement by such individual, group or company or the manufacturer or distributor of such product or service, and, except as otherwise indicated, no association or endorsement is intended or should be inferred.