Love Data Week is February 12-16
Faculty, Staff!! Do you love Data? Curious about Data? Never thought about data a day in your life but now wonder if maybe you’re missing out? Well then Love Data week is for you! Love Data Week was created by the Inter-university Consortium for Political and Social Research (ICPSR) to celebrate all things data.
There are events happening all over the world, and many of the events are open to the public!
For a complete list of events hosted by ICPSR please check out their schedule found here: https://www.icpsr.umich.edu/web/about/cms/1576
For a list of those events please have a look at the schedule here: https://www.icpsr.umich.edu/web/ICPSR/cms/5224
Students! Join the SaskPolytech library to investigate the data that all of you as our users have helped us create!
Every day on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/saskpolytechlibrary/ we will post a new poll asking YOU about library data!! Have fun with the data, see how well you know us and maybe find out about some great services that you didn’t know about!
Love Data Student Contest
Win a 1TB Toshiba Canvio Portable External Hard Drive!
How to enter:
Go to our online contest page here: https://forms.office.com/r/kgULkKde1Q?origin=lprLink
Or use the QR Code:
Answer the question and be entered into the draw to win!
SASKATCHEWAN POLYTECHNIC LIBRARY
Love Data Week Contest
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN
These official rules apply to the Love Data Week contest provided by Saskatchewan Polytechnic Library. The contest will run 8:00am February 12th, 2024 – 4:00pm February 16th, 2024 – [Central Standard Time]
ELIGIBILITY: By entering you agree to be bound by these official rules. This contest is open to Saskatchewan Polytechnic students currently enrolled in and attending a Saskatchewan Polytechnic program at any location, and who are of the age of majority in Saskatchewan at time of entry. Each winner must provide proof of being enrolled as a student at Saskatchewan Polytechnic to receive a prize. Void where prohibited by law. This contest is not open to residents of Quebec. All applicable federal, provincial and local laws apply.
TO ENTER: The contest will be operated by Saskatchewan Polytechnic Library. To enter, follow the steps outlined above and submit a completed entry through the QR code/entry link. The winners will have two weeks from being contacted by staff to claim their prize.
- No purchase necessary to enter or win.
- Entries must be received by the time indicated by Saskatchewan Polytechnic Library.
- Winners will be notified via Sask Polytech email. Failure to respond within two weeks will result in a loss of prize.
- Saskatchewan Polytechnic Library is not responsible for any technical difficulties experienced due to overload, busy signals, loss of cellular service, Wi-Fi, electronic problems or any other factor that may impact entry, participation or prize claim.
- All entries become property of Saskatchewan Polytechnic Library. By submitting, you warrant all materials are 100% original and do not violate the right of privacy or publicity of, or constitute a defamation against, any person or entity; that the materials will not infringe upon or violate the copyright or common law rights or any other rights of any person or entity; and that you are the person depicted in the materials. You agree to indemnify Saskatchewan Polytechnic Library for all damages and expenses (including reasonable attorney's fees) arising out of any breach or failure of the warranties made herein. Entries that are determined to be fraudulent will be void, and the person making such an entry barred from further participation in the contest. Incomplete entries may be disqualified at Saskatchewan Polytechnic's discretion.
WINNERS: Winner will be randomly selected by draw. The winners will be contacted through email. If they do not respond within the specified time (as indicated in the original message) the prize will be redrawn. The staff member in contact, and student will arrange prize pick up. Any harassment to Saskatchewan Polytechnic staff by winners will cause forfeiture of the prize and the prize will be redrawn. Winners who do not pick up their prize within two weeks of being contacted may also forfeit their prize and the prize will be redrawn. Winners will sign a receipt of prize document.
- 4 1TB Toshiba Canvio Portable External Hard Drives
Notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein or stated, no person will be entitled to receive any prize until after their eligibility has been confirmed or accepted by Saskatchewan Polytechnic Library and all required paperwork (including without limitation, liability release, agreements) have been completed by the pending winner.
Prizes will be awarded to the person who participated in the contest only. Winners may be required to sign a consent form relieving Saskatchewan Polytechnic Library and any affiliated organizations from any and all liability with respect to the contestant’s participation in the contest and the receipt and/or use of the prize. Any person refusing to sign the Consent Form and complete or provide any other documents required by Saskatchewan Polytechnic Library by the deadline required by Saskatchewan Polytechnic Library will forfeit any and all contest prizes.
- Odds of winning depend on number of entries received.
- Contest entries in poor taste will be disqualified. Saskatchewan Library will be the sole arbiter in all matters relating to the contest and the interpretation of contest rules. Their decisions shall be final. Entry into the contest constitutes agreement by contestants to abide by these rules, as well as any other rules established by Saskatchewan Polytechnic Library. Saskatchewan Polytechnic Library reserves the right to delete or remove any entry.
- By entering, entrants release and hold harmless Saskatchewan Polytechnic Library from any and all liability or any injuries, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with the contest or any prize won.
- By participating in a Saskatchewan Polytechnic Library contest, entrants herby consent to Saskatchewan Polytechnic Library’s usage of any one or more of the following for any other advertising or promotional purpose without payment of any additional consideration: contestants name; voice; likeness; biographical information; his/her participation in the contest including photos; and the substance of the contestant’s communication with Saskatchewan Polytechnic Library.
- Saskatchewan Polytechnic Library reserves the right to terminate or declare the contest null and void and rescind any prize, if in its sole judgment, the rules or the integrity of the contest have been violated or compromised in any way. Intentionally or non-intentionally by any person whether or not a contestant in the contest.
- For a list of winners mail a self-addressed stamped envelope to the Saskatchewan Polytechnic Library identifying the name of the contest and date of the contest.
- Entry constitutes permission to use winners’ names, city, likeness, voice, biographical information and/or statements for purposes of advertising and promotion without further compensation unless prohibited by law. Saskatchewan Polytechnic Library will not share entrant information with third parties for direct marketing purposes.
- To collect a prize, entrants will be required to answer a skill-testing question.
- The contest is governed by the laws of the province of Saskatchewan. It is void where prohibited or restricted by law, and in any province outside of Saskatchewan. The odds of winning depend upon the number of entries received. The contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and local laws and regulations.
- Saskatchewan Polytechnic Library provides no warranties covering any of the prizes furnished as part of this contest.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Meta. The names of individuals, groups, companies, products and services mentioned herein, and any corresponding likenesses, logos and images thereof reproduced herein, have been used for identification purposes only and may be the copyrighted properties and trademarks of their respective owners. The mention of any individual, group or company, or the inclusion of a product or service as the prize, does not imply any association with or endorsement by such individual, group or company or the manufacturer or distributor of such product or service, and, except as otherwise indicated, no association or endorsement is intended or should be inferred.