Stress Better 2021
This year, Sask Polytech student support services will be hosting various events and giveaways to help alleviate stress. Watch out for online and in-person activities from November 29 - December 17.
- November 30 – December 17
- Online Pet Therapy Contest begins (Library Facebook page)
SPSA Student Lounges – All campuses
- December 6 - Relaxation Stations
- December 8 - Decoration Donation
- December 9 - Christmas Cards Donation
- December 15 - Postivi-tea
- December 16 - Candy Cane Lane
- December 17 – Ugly Sweater Day
Libraries – All campuses
Watch out for the following from Library and Learning Services.
- In-person raffle
- Ask a library staff member where the raffle box is located and enter!
- Prizes include:
- Sask Polytech branded windbreakers, t-shirts, hats, lanyards, flash drives, pen & pencil sets.
Student Services – Counselling Services
Join Counselling Services for a variety of in-person activities on the themes of sharing positivity, exploring the senses, grounded & grateful and caring for you. Activities and dates will vary across campuses.
Counselling Services – Saskatoon Main Campus
We will be wheeling around the campus to provide give away’s and activities on the following days.
- November 30 - Sharing positivity
- December 2- Exploring the senses
- December 7 - Grounded & Grateful
- December 9 – Caring for yourself
Student Services - Saskatoon Ave W
Counselling services will visit the Ave W location to share the same activities listed above on the following dates:
- November 29; December 6
Moose Jaw Campus Counselling Services will set up shop in the foyer outside of the Cafeteria with a table starting on Monday November 29, and then December 1-10. If we aren't there when you stop by, help yourself to handouts and treats, as well as fill out draw entry forms and share your stress busting tips on our poster board.
- November 29 - Giving Tuesday-Chews to De-stress
- December 2 - Exploring the Senses-Mindfulness Strategies to De-Stress
- December 7 - Getting Grounded & Grateful
- December 9 - Caring for Self through Sleep and Nutrition
Regina Campus Counselling Services
December 2 - Sharing Positivity: Warm up at the main campus foyer with a hot beverage, snack, and information on stress relief. Enter to win a relaxation gift basket.
December 7 - Grounded and Grateful: Stop by the Indigenous Centre (rm 153), Intercultural Centre (rm 153), or Student Services (rm 228) to pick up a sleep kit or sensory item, and color a thankfulness card to give to someone you are grateful for.