Participate in Intercultural Week Contests (March 14 – 26)
Intercultural Week 2021 Contests – Hosted by Sask Polytech Library
By entering the contest, you agree to a complete release of Instagram and/or Facebook from any or all liability in connection with these contests. These contests are in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with, Instagram and/or Facebook.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN These official rules apply to the 2021 Library Intercultural Week Social Media Contest provided by Saskatchewan Polytechnic Library. Three separate contests will run on three separate dates.
- Prize: 1 of 3 Spotify gift cards.
- To enter, participants comment on either the Facebook or Instagram post. Entries must be in the following format: (song title- artist): example: Stop – Spice Girls.]
- Winners will be drawn randomly from eligible entries.
Contest 2: Share a Food or Beverage (from your culture) (March 22 – March 26, 2021) Central Standard Time – on FACEBOOK
- Prize: 1 of ten $10 Starbucks gift cards.
- To enter, participants will comment on the contest post – sharing their cultural food or beverage using either text or image.
- Winners will be drawn randomly from eligible entries.
Contest 3: Name that Poet or Author (March 22, 2021 9am – March 23, 9am) – INSTAGRAM STORIES
- Prize: winners (up to 3) will select a book from a pre-selected list (relevant to the contest); book will be ordered and shipped to the winner’s home. Prize selection will be subject to availability.
- To enter, participants must correctly answer 6 questions via Instagram Stories. Winners
will be drawn randomly from those who succeed at answering the questions correctly.
- In the case that no one answers all 6 questions correctly, winners will be drawn from all participants.
- Winners will be contacted in the order they are drawn and asked to select their prize. Each winner will be given 3 days to respond and select their prize. Then the next selected winner will be contacted, the same procedure will occur.
ELIBILITY: By entering you agree to be bound by these official rules. Entrants must be followers of the corresponding Saskatchewan Polytechnic Library social media account (i.e. to win a prize for an Instagram contest, entrant must follow the associated Instagram page). The contest is open to residents of Saskatchewan, currently enrolled in and attending a Saskatchewan Polytechnic
program at any location, on or off-campus. Saskatchewan Polytechnic employees are also eligible to participate in the contest. Each winner must provide proof of being a student or staff member at Saskatchewan Polytechnic to receive a prize. Void where prohibited by law. All applicable federal, provincial and local laws apply.
TO ENTER: The contest will be operated through Saskatchewan Polytechnic Library’s social media platforms on Instagram and/or Facebook. To enter, follow the steps outlined in the contest posts on the appropriate platform. With the exception of contest 3, winners will have one week from being contacted by staff of their win to claim their prize. With the exception of contest 3, each contest will end at 11:59 pm on the contest end – listed above, entries submitted after this time will not be included.
1. No purchase necessary to enter or win.
2. There is a limit of one entry per person. Entries must be received by the time indicated by the Saskatchewan Polytechnic Library.
3. Winners will be notified via a tag using their username or post comment on Facebook and/or Instagram. Failure to respond on the social media platform within one week will result in a loss of prize.
4. Saskatchewan Polytechnic Library is not responsible for any technical difficulties experienced due to overload, busy signals, loss of cellular service, wifi, electronic problems or any other factor that may impact entry, participation or prize claim.
5. If a user’s privacy settings restricts Saskatchewan Polytechnic Library staff from viewing an entry, that entry will not be admitted into the contest.
6. All entries become property of Saskatchewan Polytechnic Library. By submitting, you warrant all materials are 100% original and do not violate the right of privacy or publicity of, or constitute a defamation against, any person or entity; that the materials will not infringe upon or violate the copyright or common law rights or any other rights of any person or entity; and that you are the person depicted in the materials. You agree to indemnify Saskatchewan Polytechnic Library for all damages and expenses (including reasonable attorney's fees) arising out of any breach or failure of the warranties made herein. Entries that are determined to be fraudulent will be void, and the person making such an entry barred from further participation in the contest. Incomplete entries may be disqualified at Saskatchewan Polytechnic's discretion.
WINNERS: Winners will be randomly selected using a randomization formula. Winners will be contacted through via a tag using their username or post comment on Instagram and/or Facebook. If they do not respond within the specified time (as indicated in the original message) the prize will be redrawn. Prizes will be sent to directly to the student. Any harassment to Saskatchewan Polytechnic staff by winners will cause forfeiture of the prize and the prize will be redrawn. Winners who do not pick up their prize within a week of being contacted may also forfeit their prize and the prize will be redrawn. Winners will sign an electronic receipt of prize document.
Notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein or stated, no person will be entitled to receive any prize until after their eligibility has been confirmed or accepted by Saskatchewan Polytechnic Library and all required paperwork (including without limitation, liability release, agreements) have been completed by the pending winner.